Thursday, May 13, 2010

Third Time's The Charm

Although I've been consistent in running--the blog has been less active. It's certainly hard to find extra time at this point with the school year coming to a close. I have finals due Monday, a month long trip to Europe looming, and major wedding plans. This does not include my normal domestic chores and marathon schedule. It's truly insane. Some may say that I thrive on this pressure because it seems par for the course lately.
I have recently discovered a new route. I call it "Third Time's The Charm" and I tell myself this exact statement as I'm rounding the second loop. This little jaunt is 6 miles and begins at Beach Shore Dr. It loops up to Mayo Rd. and circles our neighborhood. There's definitely some nice inclines although some traffic on Salisbury but all in all--a manageable route. I discovered it a couple of weeks ago on a more than blustery day. I liked the water view but didn't necessarily want to navigate close to the water the entire run as it was chilly for the shorts and t-shirt.
Today's run was around 5:30 p.m. so Thursday traffic was steady for the most part. I passed a couple of guys twice during the jog. They seemed to think it was pretty funny that we kept passing paths. Finally, turning onto my street--one yells out, "How many miles you run?" I looked back to say, "Oh, seven miles today." He scoffed, "The only running I do is to the liquor store" as he clutched the paper bagged liquor bottle. Oh Edgewater, Maryland!

No comments:

Post a Comment